WA STATE HISTORY:
- Many students are STILL finishing the Entry Point Station: Sea and Land Explorers. This was due 11.10.16. It will be a zero in the grade book until it is completed.
- Those finished are completing the next of three stations: Lewis & Clark, The Fur Trade or Christian Missionaries. These three stations must be completed by 12.19.16.
- Video and Handout links to these stations can be found in the main menu.
- To maintain timely use of class time, a zero will be entered in the grade book if one of the three stations is not turned in by 11.23.16, and will stay a zero until completed.
- Students are working on the 3.4-3.8 map game and journal. This is due 11.23.16.
- The Exit Poster for Chapter 3 is due 11.30.16.
- Students who have completed ch. 3 assignments and projects are beginning chapter 4 Great Lakes Scientific Research Project. Access to the first 2 research stations can be found at the top menu of this website.
THE HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION:
- Some are wrapping up the Story Station for “There Will Come Soft Rains”.
- We beginning a new direction in the class. How did science fiction start?
For the next several weeks we will explore how sci-fi started by exploring its beginnings as Fantasy Fiction, beginning with The Bronze Age. Access to this unit can be found in the main menu of this website: THE (REAL) HISTORY OF SCI-FI.