HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION:
Finish reading story and discussing preread questions. Tomorrow we will finish the in-text questions.
Learning Target: “I can identify and use various types of thematic maps.”
Student talk: What is a physical feature?
Read section 2.3 (maps and graphics included):
- Identify vocabulary: elevation
- Define it as described in the reading, provide an illustration, list characteristics of the words, including words related and NOT related (opposites) to the vocabulary word.
- Reflect: What does this word have to do with understanding thematic maps?
- What is a landform? Please provide 4 examples from the graphic at the bottom of pages 28-29.
- What is a body of water? Please provide 4 examples from the map on p. 29
- Using the map, provide the elevations of the Thar Desert, Deccan Plateau and the Eastern Ghats.
Reflection: “I am meeting the learning target because I did _______________________.”
WASHINGTON STATE HISTORY:
Continued reading assignment graphic organizer (yesterday’s assignment)