HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION:
Learning target: “I can identify the characteristics of science fiction in literature.”
- With a partner, discuss your notes for the 8 content areas of science fiction.
- Watch the cartoon short “Duck Dodgers in the twenty-fourth and a half century”.
- Take notes on what happens (setting/plot)
- Identify examples of the 8 sci-fi content areas in your notes.
Reflection: “I am meeting the learning target because I have _______________________.”
Video Notes: Collection of evidence
- Plot I: Main character: What he says and does
- Setting I: Time & place
- Plot II: What is said and done to the main character
- Setting II: Elements that create this world: characters & physical surroundings (technology, buildings, mountains, forests…)
Completed vocabulary assignment for 1.4. Discussed longitude and latitude.
WASHINGTON STATE HISTORY:
Continued Cenozoic project. Due Thursday. (See 9.29.14)