HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION
Finish yesterday’s reading assignment. Written summaries of assigned section should be finished by the end of class.
Learning Target: “I can understand how maps are used to locate relative and absolute location.”
Read section 1.2, including the map.
- Identify vocabulary: absolute location, distortion, map projection, relative location.
- Define them as they are described in the reading.
- Reflect: What do these words have to do with understanding relative and absolute location?
- What is the main purpose of maps? Use absolute location and relative location to explain your answer.
- What is distortion? Why is it a big problem with maps? How is map projection a solution to this problem?
Student talk: In what ways have I met this learning target using 1.1 & 1.2?
Reflection: “I am meeting the learning target because I did _______________________.”
WASHINGTON STATE HISTORY
Take notes on the film using the questions you wrote down in your journal on Wednesday. (See yesterday’s post)