(apologies for the lateness of this post)
HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION:
Continued discussion of thematic statements
Discussed chapter one’s essential questions.
WASHINGTON STATE HISTORY:
LEARNING TARGET: “I can explain the geological processes that shape the earth.”
READ section: Plate Tectonics
- Identify vocabulary: plate tectonics, crust, mantle, molten magma, outer core, inner core, tectonic plates.
- Define them as they are described in the text.
- Reflect: What do these words have to do with geological processes?
- What is plate tectonics and how does it work?
- Identify and explain the four major layers of the earth.
- What IMPORTANT role does molten magma play within the four major layers and plate tectonics?
- STUDY: Profile of Earth’s Layers: What can we learn here to help us answer the questions? What portions of this depict the four major characteristics?
- Reflection: How has this information contributed to the learning target?