Studied for tomorrow’s exam. (2nd period discussed and turned in answers for document A & B).
3rd period: testing
8th period: Watched video on urban sprawl in Mexico City.
1. Watch the video and take notes only on what you see. Describe the visual images that show the effects of urban sprawl.
2. Watch the video again. Now listen to what is said. Take notes on the following questions:
• What problems occur to water, electricity and phone lines, including traffic and the cost of land, as the city rapidly spreads outward?
• How much waste does Mexico City produce each day?
• Why didn’t the city build up, instead of continuing to build outward?
• How is “redensification” helping to solve this problem?