Do you NOTICE…
• who was Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton and John Adams?
• the issues between Jefferson and Hamilton?
• those who are friends in agreement?
• those who are colleagues in disagreement?
Using Primary Sources:
1. (Preread) When were these letters written? What do you predict they will say?
2. (first read) Why are both Hamilton and Jefferson writing to George Washington? Based on both of these letters, what seems to have been happening in George Washington’s administration? How can you tell?
3. (Close reading) Which letter is angrier? Find a quote to support your claim: Write one adjective about each man’s personality and find a quote to support your claim.
In this letter, Hamilton seems to be __________. I’m basing this claim on the following quote:
In this letter, Jefferson seems to be __________. I’m basing this claim on the following quote:
4. (Corroboration) Who do you believe “started” the fight? Based on what they wrote, whom do you trust more: Hamilton or Jefferson? Cite evidence.
The letters for Jefferson and Hamilton are in the next post.
3rd period: (MSP testing)
Atlanta city planning commission presentations and discussions