• Describe the Whiskey Rebellion. What sides did Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson take in this conflict? Identify their reasons.
• Briefly describe the French Revolution.What sides did Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson take in this conflict? Identify their reasons.
Student Talk: Based on this, how do these men differ when it comes to respecting the authority of government and respecting the needs of farmers and the poor?
3rd period: (CBA Project Begins today.)
Since we all depend on the health of the environment, responsible citizens need to understand how humans affect–and are affected by–the environment. You will choose and study two cities and compare and/or contrast how their urban development (growth) impacted their physical environment (air, land, water).
Select two cities to examine:
• Explain the background of the two cities (location, population, type of rural fringe):
• Describe the urban development (growth) of each city.
• Describe how the urban development in each city affected the local environment:
• Complete ONE of the following:
- 1. Analyze how the impact of urban development on the local environment in each city is similar or different.
- 2. Evaluate why at least one of the local environmental impacts in one city is more important than in the other city.
- 8th period:
- Together in your special interest groups, read 5.8. Identify THREE concerns facing Atlanta in 1998. Record them. Identify which part of the city is most affected by that problem.
- Assessment: How have I shown an understanding of the concerns faced by Atlanta?
- Student Talk: Together in your special interest groups please review the challenges that Atlanta faced in 1998. Read the rest of 5.8 and identify THREE policies the city planners considered on how to best control urban sprawl. Write these down.• Based on your group’s philosophy, what policy would be best for Atlanta?
• Explain three reasons for choosing this policy.
Assessment: How am I demonstrating my special interest group’s philosophy?