8.2: Due today
• What dispute did the Land Ordinance of 1785 address?
• Given how Congress struggled under “limited powers” (8.1), how was this ordinance was a victory for Congress?
• Briefly explain the purpose of the Northwest Ordinance of 1787.
• What did the N.O. ban in the Northwest Territory? (How did this ban reflect a change in the nation’s attitude?)
(3rd Period): Discussing concept of urban development, using topographical maps of Phoenix, Arizona. Discussing concepts of urban core, urban fringe and rural fringe.
(8th Period): Continue discussion of urban development:
Quietly, or with a partner, read section 5.1, including the essential question and graphic organizer. Answer the following questions in your own words.
• What is a suburb?
• How are suburbs created?
• What is urban sprawl? ?”
• According to the graphic organizer, inside which of the three rings does a suburb exist?