Hand in Reading Journals for Chapter Two:
Prepare to hand in your reading journal. Have you included the following?
• Chapter Title
• Essential Question (chapter theme)
• Section titles & Section subheadings
• Important maps, graphs & pictures
• Chapter Summary
• Further Readings
2) What I have learned for each section 2.1-2.6
3) My map activity for pages 29, 39
Study for open book test on Tuesday (tomorrow):
Your knowledge of European exploration and settlement will be tested. It will be open book, focusing on sections 2.2-2.3 (Spain), 2.4 (France) & 2.5 (England). You will have FOUR questions to answer using the information from the sections you’ve selected. Your answers must be written in the point-of-view of a European Explorer.
Let’s prepare for the test!!!
Select either Spain, France or England as a topic of interest.
Turn to those sections and identify the following information:
• Territories explored
• How they were explored
• How colonies were established
• Life of settlers
• Relationship with native Indians
Examine 3.3 map on p. 54-55: Identify the highest/lowest elevation for each region, including the region’s natural resources. Due at the end of class. If not finished, it is homework.